- If charging for admission and/or advertising a haunted house, it may be considered a "business activity" not covered by the standard homeowners insurance policy.
- If the neighborhood kids vandalize the home, the standard homeowners policy should cover that.
- Believe it or not, many homeowners policies cover vandalism to tombstones of loved ones, even though not located at the home.
Fires Caused By Decorations
- If decorations catch or start a fire, the typical homeowners policy will cover the damage.
- The standard homeowners policy comes with a liability section that covers against injuries sustained by guests and trick-or-treaters.
Over-Stimulated Dog Bites
- Dog bites to trick-or-treaters and guests may or may not be covered by the standard homeowners policy, depending on the jurisdiction.
Insurance Costume Ideas
- Flo from Progressive
- Jake from State Farm
- Mayhem from Allstate
- Aaron Rodgers "Discount Doublecheck"
- GEICO's lizard